Monday 16 August 2010

Blog Entry 19: Storming the stage with Fools Gold - Union Chapel with The Noisettes and a review...

Hello guys!


Sorry its been nearly two weeks since my last blog!
I've pretty much been living in rehearsals and gladly so. Next to being on stage, its where I feel most happy at the moment, exploring the full potential of my songs in a live capacity is indescribably fulfilling. I've also had some really great gigs with some of my favorite bands.



On the 7th Of August I got a chance to share the stage with Fools Gold for the second time at Madame JoJo's.
I know I always say this but if you don't know who they are - you'll slap yourself swiftly across the face when you hear their music. If you'd prefer to hold the slapping and have me explain then I'd understand....
They make a fusion of Tropical Soul Afro-Pop that can only be described as life changing. Watching their gigs is an experience. Imagine how happy I was when they invited me to perform some mbira with them after my set.
Excitement overload & possibly a little pee in ones pants at the sheer thought! Luckily they're a very nice bunch and made me feel right at home about it all during sound check. My set went really well but the highlight of the night for me was jumping on stage and being a part of a tune called 'Night Dance' and what a dance we had. A great night.


They were also kind enough to do this Remix of 'Zambezi'


Zambezi (Fool's Gold Remix No Verse Vocal) by tinashemusic


The same night, after packing away all my gear we headed back home in a cab exausted and inspired. I reached my front door, put down all my gear - tapped my pockets in search of keys as you do. Well... you know what happens next....
3 hours, 4 phone-calls and 2 cigarettes later I gave up and called for a locksmith. Only to have the keys fall out of the secret compartment of my stupid bag whilst he ways half there. Great times. Thank god for honest people, he didn't charge me a penny. Am I getting old and losing my memory?


The next few days were spent in rehearsals again but this time preparing for the Vinspired
Lake of Stars gig at Union Chapel supporting my friends the Noisettes! The night had sold out so it helped to know you guys would create an amazing environment for us to perform in.
I hadn't seen nor performed a gig here so I was excited to say the least. I mean I knew it was a church but honestly, you have to go to Union Chapel to understand how special it is.
Its all about the acoustics. Singing in there makes you feel like an angel... I kid you not.
We converted our set to take advantage of the amazing natural reverberation its renowned for.
The first note I sung in sound check almost knocked of my feet, I actually had to sit down.
I wasn't nervous but for the first time in a long time I had expected nothing but to go up there and just have fun. The minute I stepped on stage I knew it was going to be a real enjoyable gig.


I specifically played 'Saved' first because of its spiritual feel. My voice bounced around the room with no bar or typical club night noise to interrupt, just pure silence and the blissful sound of my voice coming back at me. I've done a lot of exciting things in my life but I've never been that high.


If i'm honest the rest is mostly a blur of for me but this what this lovely gentleman thought about it and a little video to boot. http://bit.ly/bQwrym


In fact here some images of both me and the Noisettes performing :)
















What an amazing night and venue. Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket the money will help towards making sure the Malawian people have a great time when we go over in October. All in all an amazing couple of weeks.....


Speaking of weeks, Its only 3 weeks until my debut single is released! I'm so excited. Please do me a favor and dowload it here! http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/saved-ep/id382918392


I'm back in rehearsals this week preparing to support the lovely 'I Blame CoCo' at Camp.
If you missed me at the Union chapel get yourself down there on the 24th of August i'm on at 8.15....


Take care and speak soon!


Tinashé xx



































1 comment:

  1. Hello chap!

    Havent heard much from your management, but if you're up for it, I'd love to go out and shoot some stuff before your gig tuesday - maybe soundcheck, then down some streets and in a coffee shop or something? All for free, obv. Check www.benmorse.co.uk - my emails there if you're into it. If not, no worries!
    B

    ReplyDelete